At the 36th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Health Sciences held last fall, we released the report of the symposium [Kigali Declaration on Neglected Tropical Diseases and Japan's Response] hosted by JAGntd. You can download it from this page .
The main points of the report
- It was discussed how Japan could contribute to NTDs countermeasures in the era of With Corona.
- During the symposium, the rigor of maintaining NTDs as a priority in the field of international health of the Corona sickness was repeatedly pointed out.
- There is a need for materials to explain economically and diplomatically why Japan needs to be involved in measures against NTDs in the world, and it was pointed out that it is necessary to reconsider NTDs as a "problem of Japan."
- It is important to encourage the participation of actors who are active in fields beyond the NTDs in order to broaden cooperation with governments, companies, civil society organizations, etc. and deepen dialogue.
- As a platform for deepening public-industry-academia-private collaboration in the field of NTDs, it was recommended to set up an NTD subcommittee at the 2021 Nikkei FT Infectious Diseases Conference, and plans are underway for the start in 2022.