- The JAGntd secretariat is located in the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University , and conducts daily information collection, analysis, policy proposals, dissemination, accounting, etc. from home and abroad.
- The Steering Committee meets every three months to make decisions regarding JAGntd's policies.
- The advisor is not directly involved in JAGntd's decision-making, but asks the steering committee and the secretariat for advice.
Chapter 1 General rules
Article 1 This alliance is referred to as the Japan Alliance on Global Neglected Tropical Diseases (abbreviated as JAGntd), and the Japanese translation is referred to as the Neglected Tropical Diseases Alliance in Japan.
Chapter 2 Purpose and Business
Article 2 This alliance aims to connect organizations and individuals involved in neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) and promote Japan's contribution to global NTD control activities.
Article 3 This alliance shall carry out the following business in order to achieve the purpose of the preceding article.
(1) Sharing information about NTD
(2) Networking between groups and individuals
(3) Cooperation with international NTD network
(4) Activities to promote the formation of public policy regarding NTD (advocacy activities)
(5) Other businesses necessary to achieve the objectives of this alliance
Chapter 3 Network
(Eligibility to use the network)
Article 4 Any group or individual who agrees with the philosophy and mission of this alliance, whether in Japan or abroad, can use the network provided by this alliance.
(Benefits provided by the network)
Article 5 Network users can receive information from the Alliance Secretariat by providing their contact information.
- Network users can collaborate with related parties in Japan and overseas through this alliance.
(About usage fee)
Article 6 The network usage fee provided by this alliance shall be free of charge.
Chapter 4 Personal Information
(Protection of personal information)
Article 7 Personal information of network users provided by this alliance will be operated based on the personal information handling rules.
Chapter 5 Implementation system
Article 8 A steering committee shall be established in this alliance.
- The Steering Committee consists of 5-10 Steering Committee members.
- The Steering Committee shall be elected by one of the Steering Committee members as the Chairman of the Steering Committee.
(Appointment of Steering Committee)
Article 9 The new Steering Committee members shall be appointed with the agreement of the current Steering Committee members in consideration of the following specialties.
- Advocacy (political situation, etc.)
- Organization management
- Coordination networking
- Other (if necessary)
(Term of office of steering committee member)
Article 10 The term of office of the Steering Committee Chairman shall be two years. Reappointment is not hindered. However, after the expiration of the term of office, he will continue to perform his duties until a new chairperson is appointed.
- The term of office of the Steering Committee members shall be until the expiration of the term of office of the Steering Committee Chairman. Reappointment is not hindered. However, after the expiration of the term of office, he will continue to perform his duties until a new chairperson is appointed.
- If the steering committee has an accident, the steering committee will select a new steering committee member.
(Chairman of the Steering Committee)
Article 11 The Steering Committee Chair shall represent and supervise this alliance and convene the Steering Committee.
- If the steering committee chairman has an accident, the steering committee member appointed by the steering committee chairperson will take over the duties.
(Mission of Steering Committee)
Article 12 The Steering Committee will deliberate on the following matters and give instructions to the Secretariat for the smooth operation of this alliance.
(1) Technical issues related to the operation of this alliance
(2) Strategy for achieving the philosophy and mission of this alliance
(3) Changes to this agreement
Article 13 A secretariat will be set up to carry out the work of this alliance.
- The installation location will be within the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University.
- Appoint a secretary general.
- The secretariat will carry out the following operations.
(1) Information management: Information collection and data management related to NTDs
(2) Coordination / Public Relations: Coordination and information sharing inside and outside the alliance
(3) Public relations promotion / advocacy: Public relations and financial, technical and political advocacy support
(4) General affairs / logistics: Administrative support for the activities of this alliance
Article 14 The Secretariat may organize working groups to address specific technical issues related to the operation and operations of this Alliance.
- Working groups / members will be appointed by the Executive Secretary as necessary.
- Working group meetings are convened by the Executive Secretary as necessary.
Article 15 Have an advisor in this alliance.
- The maximum number of advisors is 10.
- Advisors routinely advise on the operations and operations of the Alliance and are not involved in the Alliance's decision making.
- Advisors are appointed by the recommendation of the Steering Committee or the Secretariat, with the consent of the Steering Committee.
- The term of office of the advisor shall be until the expiration of the term of office of the steering committee chairman. Reappointment is not hindered.
Chapter 6 Expenses
Article 16 Expenses required for the activities of this alliance shall be covered by donations and consignments from organizations and individuals who support the purpose of this alliance.
- Expenses will be managed by the institution to which the secretariat belongs.
- The institution to which the secretariat belongs bears part of the expenses for secretariat operations such as providing a place.
Chapter 7 Other
Article 17 In addition to what is stipulated in these regulations, matters necessary for the operation of this alliance shall be separately determined by the Steering Committee Chairman and approved by the Steering Committee.
Supplementary Provision 1. This agreement will come into effect on November 9, 2018.
Enacted November 9, 2018
Modified October 18, 2019
Amendment November 16, 2020
Amendment June 10, 2021