This is an official side event of the 8th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD8) organized by Nagasaki University, Japan Alliance for Neglected Tropical Diseases (JAGntd), and Asia-African Medical Innovation Consortium (AMIC) (Malaria Division/NTD Division). .
In June of this year, in Kigali, Rwanda, global solidarity was declared to end malaria and neglected tropical diseases ( Kigali Declaration ). In response to this, at this event, we will discuss from the standpoint of industry, academia, the government, and the private sector how to create a new architecture for countermeasures against COVID-19, led by endemic countries, and how developed countries can provide concrete and effective cooperation. To do.
The opinions gathered at this event will be used in advocacy activities for next year's Hiroshima G7 Summit.
Click here for pre-registration
Countermeasures against NTDs and malaria in the age of COVID-19 - Considering the construction of healthcare infrastructure
NTD malaria control in the era of with-corona - the building of a healthcare infrastructure
Date: Thursday, September 29 | 18:00-19:40 Tokyo
Holding method: Online
Language: Japanese (simultaneous interpretation in English available)
Agenda (titles omitted):
- Opening remarks 7 minutes Nagasaki University President Shigeru Kono Asia-Africa Medical Innovation Consortium (AMIC)
- Congratulatory Speech 3 minutes Kozo Akino, Member of the House of Councilors
- UHC in Japan's envisioned world 5 minutes Satoshi Ezoe Director, Global Health Policy Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Industry-Academia-Public-Private Project for Controlling Malaria in Africa 10 minutes Kiyoshi Kita, Nagasaki University
- Malaria control project in collaboration with communities in Kenya 15 minutes Osaka Public University Akira Kaneko
- Innovation in malaria testing ~ Cross-industry co-creation project in Ghana ~ 5 minutes
Sysmex Yoshihide Hiruta
- Industry-Academia-Government-Private Project to Eliminate NTDs in Africa 10 minutes Kenji Hirayama, Nagasaki University
- Telemedicine innovation for cutaneous NTDs 15 minutesTulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine/
Authorized NPO Clover Health International Chairman Rie Yotsu
- Creating a system for access to diagnosis and treatment of mycetoma 5 minutes Authorized NPO AAR Japan (Association for Aid and Relief Refugees) Yoshie Osawa
- General discussion 30 minutes (Facilitator: Daisuke Imoto, GHIT Fund)
Eiji Kusaka, International Health and Welfare Negotiator, Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
GHIT Fund CEO Osamu Kunii Eisai Takayuki Hidan Kiyoshi Kita and Kenji Hirayama Nagasaki University